I listened to a training this week for work. I absolutely LOVE these wise words!
Change Your Inner Snooze Button
We all have an inner snooze button. For most people it’s usually the first decision we make every single day when we get up in the morning. We hit snooze and lie in bed just a bit longer because we don’t feel like getting out of bed yet.
Are you hitting the “snooze button” in your business?
- “I have a great contact I should get a hold of them. SNOOZE. Maybe I’ll contact them later as they’re probably busy or they probably won’t be interested in it.”
Your BRAIN has an inner “snooze button” designed to protect you from taking RISK. Stop staying in your your comfort zone and being on Auto-Pilot every day. The fact is when you decide to do something that is out of your normal routine your brain puts on the emergency brake and then your brain starts talking you out of it and puts your right back on auto-pilot. You need to force yourself out of your HEAD and take ACTION!
Here’s a FACT:
Anything you are going to do to change your habit, you are…
NEVER GOING TO FEEL LIKE IT!
Stop waiting till you feel like, till you think it’s the right moment, and just get on and DO IT! You need to have COURAGE – the ability to do something that is difficult or scary.
Change your habit by trying this:
Tomorrow morning, set your alarm 30 mins earlier than you normally do. When the alarm goes off, don’t hit the snooze button. Throw back the covers, stand up and start your day RIGHT AWAY! When you do this you will become face to face with the physical force that is required to change your habits! Don’t wait till you feel like it, start feeling this ACTION and physical force right away so you can apply it to your business. This is the Activation Energy.
5 Seconds To Change Your Life
You have 5 seconds to determine which way your brain is going to go; before the emergency brake is pulled and you start to hesitate, have self doubt, and overthink things. The 5 Second Rule allows you to develop good habits.
What is the 5 Second Rule?
Countdown 5 – 4 – 3 – 2 – 1 – TAKE ACTION.
How Does It Work?
- This tool is the simplest form/way that causes you to take ACTION.
- Beats the brain from pulling the emergency brake. It stops your brain from going into auto-pilot of talking yourself out of doing the new habit and moves the idea into the area of the brain where it will cause you to take action
- Locus of Control – it puts you IN CONTROL of your destiny and you will begin to develop a bias towards ACTION instead of a bias towards over thinking.
- It helps you create NEW HABITS and eventually those HABITS will become your autopilot. The more you do GOOD HABITS the more the BAD HABITS disappear. Think of the NIKE slogan – JUST DO IT!